Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Ask Judaysia

Dear Judaysia,
I am temporarily house bound due to an illness. I have always kept my hair up to fashion. I'm seeing the 1940's look for fall. I also read your column yesterday about the Veronica Lake waves. I have long hair. I cannot do pin curls or use a curling iron. Can I use hot rollers to get the look. If so, what kind and can you give me any helpful setting tips. Thank you. Celeste.Lake Sherwood, Ca.
Dear Celeste, Yes you can use hot rollers. I like the Babyliss Ceramic Hot Rollers. They have 5 rollers in a set. That is all you need. Take very large sections and use the jaw type clips to hold your rollers. They come with the set. This set gets really hot so I would not heat it up too long. Maybe 5 minutes.
If the rollers are too hot on your scalp slip a comb under the roller to lift it off your head. Let you hair set for about 5-8 minutes. Take it down. It should fall into beautiful waves. Spray it with Judaysia VS Shaper Spray. The Babyliss Ceramic Rollers are large and they curl hair in a new way.They are great for today's hair. They give a very smooth, soft curl. The ceramic helps control frizz unlike older styles of hot rollers. They cost about 40.00 and can be found at beauty supplies or on-line.Visit http://www.judaysia.com/ for Judaysia VS Shaper Hairspray.